Friday, May 31, 2013

Time and Miles Fly!

It is amazing to think that I have been driving Miz B for 4 years!  What most amazes me is the fact that I decided to sell my modern car and just drive her everywhere!  I sold my 2004 MB about 18 months ago and haven't regretted a moment since.  I certainly missed the little car while she was in the mechanics garage for a couple of months at the end of last year.

When I bought the car, June, 2009, she had 60,397 miles on the odometer.  Today, she has 82,817 miles showing.  22,420 miles in 4 years, averaging about 5,600 miles a year.  Not exactly an accurate picture of how she has been driven.  Last year, I drove a bit over 8,000 miles!  One two week period, in June, we drove from SC to MI and that was a trip of about 3,000 miles.  

I expect that in the future, the car will be seeing about 7-8,000 miles each year, especially considering that I am not driving a modern car.

This little car certainly has made for some major changes in my daily life.  I have become very active in the local Model A Club, the Palmetto A's and also in one of the national clubs, MAFCA.   I had a wonderful time chairing the MAFCA National Awards Banquet and look forward to new challenges in the future.

But, in the mean time, here is the view from the right hand drive of Miz B...................

Traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway in May, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment