Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy New Year!

Well, it is still a relatively new year!  Today, Miz B went on her second tour of 2014.  The first was to Vent and Frances Mack's Place for the Annual Chapter Business Meeting and Lunch.  Lots of good friends and food.  Danny and Cheryl made their wonderful Chicken Stew.  Yummy!  The rest of us brought the sides and desserts.  

Today's tour had us leaving at a very decent hour of 10:30AM from the Lexington Kmart.  There were quite a few Model A's, but because it was pretty chilly and extremely windy, most folks drove their modern cars.  I think we had about 10 Model A's make the journey. 

It was a quick 40 minute ride to Shealy's Barbecue in Batesburg/Leesville, SC.  I had never been there, but I had been told that the food was really delicious.  I definitely was not disappointed!  You name it, it was on that buffet.  Everything from fried chicken to collard greens to the most delightful corn muffins, not to mention the fabulous barbecue and all the fixins!  Then there were a couple of more buffet lines with salads and desserts.  I don't think anyone left hungry! 

The rest of the crowd was going antiquing and hardware store hunting, but I decided to make my way home.  I was looking for a little bit of down time to catch up on the websites and the blog.  I didn't get home too fast, though.  I was coming my usual route through the countryside, avoiding Lexington, on a back road, when I came up on a line of stopped cars.  It seems that a garbage truck had hit a car and the car was in the middle of the road and no one could get around.  I eventually turned the car around and followed the Garmin toward home.  Unbeknownst to me, the road I was told to turn on - as a detour - became unpaved!  Not a problem, except we had just had a 6" snow and ice storm a few days earlier.  Of course, the dirt road was rutted and muddy!  Now Miz B really needs a bath!

The little car is due for a new windshield and frame.  John and Davin are going to work on it soon.  I just hope it will be finished and installed before the 5th of March.  That is when we leave for San Antonio and the 2014 MAFCA National Tour of the Texas Hill Country.  Our next adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment