Sunday, November 2, 2014

Will Miz B get a new "hat"?

It's been quite a while since I've posted an adventure with Miz B.  On Thursday, I'll be going up to Cashiers, NC with a group of folks in their Model A's.  We've been planning this trip since the middle of summer, when the temps were quite warm.  We had our thoughts on the beautiful fall colors and cool crisp temperatures.  At this point, it looks like we will definitely see some of the color, as most of the leaves are still on the trees and the colors are pretty vibrant.  The temps are definitely going to be crisp and quite cool.  It looks like we will have rain on our trip up, but the rest of the weekend will be beautiful.  Better make sure I load up the windshield with plenty of Rain X, as Miz B has no windshield wiper!

Miz B seems to have developed an issue with her right rear tire.  It looses air pressure between drivings these days.  I'll have to keep my eye on it over the weekend.

I am also going to see if I can make a different type of top covering system for the little car this week, in preparation.  I'd like to be able to have a full top cover, including clear vinyl front, side, and rear windows that can be used in rainy weather.  I'll probably incorporate the use of zippers at each door opening to make ingress and egress easier.  This would keep more air out of the "cockpit" area and thus keep the riders warmer and dryer going down the road.  I will also make sure that the "tail" of the cover covers the top drip rail of the rumble seat, as water tends to slide off the top at a quicker rate than the rails around the opening can handle.  This means that the interior of the trunk tends to collect water.  It's carpeted in there and that makes for a very soggy mess!

I'll post photos of the cover, if it is going to work. 

More about the top cover to come later 

No comments:

Post a Comment